- 1/2 cup Pernod or Aguardiente
- 1 Dozen Black Mission Figs, stemmed & halved
- 1 Tablespoon & 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Candied Walnuts, Coarsely-Crumbled
- Preheat an oven to 425 F.
Choose a baking dish just large enough to hold the halved figs in one layer.
Pour the 1/2 cup of Pernod into the baking dish.
Place the figs in the dish, skin side down.
Sprinkle the surface of the figs with the sugar.
Bake for 10 minutes, then baste them with the juices and return them to the oven until the figs soften completely and the juices are reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 10 minutes longer.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Divide the yogurt among 4 compote dishes.
Place the warm baked figs on top, dividing them equally.
Spoon the dark, syrupy juices over the figs.
Top with the crumbled candied walnuts.